Trader Duke’s Hotel Burlington hotel near downtown Burlington VT is surrounded by interesting attractions and activities that will make your trip to Burlington your most memorable vacation yet. From crazy craft brews to leisurely river cruises on Lake Champlain, there is no shortage of amazing things to do in Burlington, VT!
Top 10 Things to Do in Burlington:
1. Church Street Marketplace: This quaint pedestrian mall offers over 100 different dining and shopping options. Meander the cobbled streets and pop into unique boutiques before stopping for lunch at a sidewalk cafe. The Marketplace is also a hotspot for art and entertainment. Stroll down Church Street to the sounds of live music or take a seat for some fun curbside entertainment.
2. E.C.H.O. Center: Enjoy an aquatic adventure at the Echo Lake Aquarium and Science Center. Get acquainted with animals from our deep seas and lakes, or enjoy a more hands-on adventure at the Be a Watershed Weather Reporter Exhibit. At the ECHO Center, fun and education go hand in hand.
3. Lake Champlain Waterfront & Bike Paths: Enjoy the natural beauty of the Lake Champlain waterfront. Whether you’d like to bike along the water, fish from a pier or simple relax on a bench as the sun sets, the Lake Champlain waterfront is sure to amaze and delight.
4. Riverboat Cruises: A trip to the Lake Champlain waterfront would’t be complete without taking a river cruise. Marvel at the rich history of Vermont and search for our friendly lake monster Champ aboard Spirit of Ethan Allen Boat Cruises or step back in time with the story of Captain William Montgomery and his crew aboard Northern Lights Boat Cruises.
5. Shelburne Vineyards: From vine to glass, we strive to make the finest quality wine from Northern Varietal Grapes grown right here on our vineyards. Our experienced Tasting Room staff will make you feel at home, whether you’re a new wine taster or a connoisseur.
6. Burlington Brew Tours: With visits to Magic Hat Brewing Company, Switchback Brewing Company, Vermont Pub and Brewery , Fiddlehead Brewing Company, Rock Art Brewery, Trapp Brewery, The Alchemist, and many more, choose from our pre-selected tours or craft your own private tour. Whether you’re a light beer person or connoisseur, we are the perfect way to explore Vermont’s rich history, culture and of course, Beer.
7. Vermont Teddy Bear Factory: Bring your favorite bear or buy a new buddy at the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory. Tours of the factory are offered daily and guests can build their very own bear.
8. Shelburne Museum: Experience art like never before at the Shelburne Museum. This unique property is comprised of 38 different exhibition spaces, 25 of which are historical properties specially relocated on the grounds. From impressionist paintings to folk art, from antique furniture to twentieth century carriages, Shelburne Museum has it all.
9. Ben & Jerry’s: The Ben & Jerry’s factory tour is a sweet treat for all ages. Walk through the factory floor and sample your favorite flavors (as well as ones you won’t find in stores). Don’t forget to mourn the loss of your favorite flavor at the one and only Ben & Jerry’s flavor graveyard!
10. Ski: We’re close to all of Vermont’s best snowy peaks including Jay Peak, Smuggler’s Notch, Bolton Valley, Stowe Mountain, Mad River Glen and Sugarbush. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced skier, the mountains of Vermont are perfect for winter sports.